Hakeem Muhammad Saeed nine Jan 1920 – seventeen Gregorian calendar month 1998) was a Pakistani medical man of science, scholar, altruist.He additionally served as governor of Sindh Province from 1993 till 1994.Saeed was one in all Pakistan’s most distinguished medical researchers within the field of japanese medicines.He established the Hamdard Foundation in 1948, before his settlement in West Pakistan.during a few years time, the seasoner medical product of the Hamdard Foundation became menage names in Asian country.Muhammadan Muhammad Saeed authored and compiled concerning two hundred books in drugs, philosophy, science, health, religion, natural drugs, literary, social, and travelogues.In 1981, Saeed became one in all the start member of the planet Cultural Council, a non-profit world organisation, based mostly in North American nation.On seventeen Gregorian calendar month 1998, Muhammadan Saeed was dead by a bunch of unknown assailants whereas he was on his thanks to attend a medical experiment at theHis killing prompted Prime Minister of Asian country, Nawaz Sharif to impose direct federal rule over the Sindh province.
Early life and career
Hakeem Muhammad aforesaid was born in Delhi, British Indian Empire in 1920 to an informed and spiritual Urdu-speaking category family.His ancestors came to the Indian landmass from Kashgar (now Kashi, Xinjiang, China), within the reign of the Mughal emperor, Shah Alam.They initial stayed at Peshawar for concerning eighteen years, then affected to Multan and finally settled down at Delhi.His forefathers and family had been related to the seasoner drugs business, and had established the Hamdard Waqf Laboratories in India before 1947, that these days has emerged jointly ofthe most important makers of Unani medicines within the world.Saeed attended the native college wherever he learned Arabic, Persian, Urdu, English and studied the Koran.] At age eighteen, Muhammadan went on to attend the University of Delhi in 1938.There, Saeed obtained a B.Pharmacy degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in medicative chemistry in 1942.when his collegian education, Saeed joined Hamdard Waqf Laboratories as a junior man of science and took part in seasoner internal control whereas formulating medicines.In 1945, Saeed attendedthe post-graduate course, and obtained a academic degree in pharmacy from an equivalent establishment.Before 1947, Muhammadan Saeed was additionally concerned within the Asian country Movement activities. when the independence of Asian country in 1947, Saeed left his town along with his betterThe family settled in city, Sindh Province of West Pakistan.He established Hamdard Laboratories and served as its initial director till his death in 1998. In 1952, Saeed traveled to Turkey wherever he attended the national capital University andwas awarded a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Pharmacy, then came back to Asian country to devote his life to drugs analysis.
Following his settlement in Asian country, Saeed began active drugs and continuing to analysis in japanese drugs.Having established the Hamdard Laboratories in 1948, Saeed was one in all the drivingforces in Asian country for partaking within the analysis in medical biology and drugs.In 1953, when his academic degree degree, Saeed joined the Sindh University because the prof of pharmacy and instructed courses in chemistry.In 1963, Saeed resigned from his position attributable to variations with the national.In 1964, Saeed came into public limelight once he gave scoundrel criticism to Lieutenant-General Wajid Ali Khan Burki, then-Surgeon General (Pakistan) of Army Medical Corps UN agency was ahigh-profile officer leading the then Ministry of Health below the govt.of marshal Ayub Khan.Saeed criticized the overall, saying, “General [Wajid] Burki wont to say that japanese drugs and medical care were quackery”.Saeed began to put in writing articles, organizedconferences and lobbied arduous for the japanese drugs, and Ayub Khan had to pass a law legalizing japanese drugs, thanks to a worry of his government losing quality among theIn 1985, Muhammadan Mohammad Saeed based Hamdard University, wherever he served as its initial Vice-Chancellor and as a academician.The crowning activity of his life is that the institution of Madinat-al-Hikmah field in city.It includes Hamdard University with such institutes as Hamdard faculty of medication and dental medicine, Hamdard Al-Majeed faculty of japanese drugs, Hafiz Muhammad Ilyas Institute of seasoner Sciences, HamdardInstitute of Education & Social Sciences, Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Hamdard Institute of knowledge Technology, Hamdard college of Law, school of subject & Technology, Hamdard Public college and HamdardBait-al-Hikmah (the Library) is additionally a constituent a part of Madinat-al-Hikmah.this is often one in all the most important and best-stocked libraries of Asian country.Saeed wrote, altered or compiled over two hundred books and journals in Urdu and English on Islam, Education, Pakistan, Science, drugs and Health.Besides writing travelogues of nations he visited, he additionally wrote books particularly for youth and youngsters.He additionally altered some journals like Hamdard Islamicus, Hamdard Medicus, Journal of the Asian country Historical Society “Historicus”, Hamdard Sehat and Hamdard Naunehal.For many years he was additionally the editor of Payami, the Urdu edition of UNESCO’S journal traveller.Saeed participated in numerous international conferences on drugs, science, education and culture and traveled wide to several countries of the planet.whereas in Asian country, he organized various international and national conferences on topics of prime importance.Saeed created 2 wide attended national forums: Hamdard Shura (for leaders of public opinion)He command offices and memberships in dozens of national and international organizations associated with education and health care.He launched 2 journals, Hamdard Medicus and Hamdard Islamicus.Hamdard-e-Sehat, that was already being printed below his position since 1940, additionally appeared from city in 1948.He launched a magazine for young readers, Hamdard Naunehal, and established a separate division, Naunehal Adab, for manufacturing quality books for youngsters.Saeed was a follower of japanese drugs UN agency had treated patients from everywhere the planet together with Asian country, Europe, continent and therefore the geographical region by the
in Gregorian calendar month 1998.He helped get practice of medicine recognized by the planet Health Organization (WHO). when a fifty-year career as a practician of Greco-Arab drugs, he was posthumously awarded the Nishan-e-Imtiaz by the govt. of Asian country in 2002.
- Religion, Islamic Studies, Islamic Law, Education and Literature (in English)
- Nuristan (Radio speeches on Quran-e-Hakim & our lives) (Published in 1987)
- The Employer And the Employee: Islamic Concept (Published in 1972)
- Islamic Concept of State (Published in 1983)
- Essays on Islam (Four Volumes) (Published between 1992-1998)
- Voice of Morality (Published in 1985)
- Man—The World—Peace
- Main Currents of Contemporary Thought In Pakistan (2 Volumes), History & Biography (in English) (Published in 1973)
- Al-Biruni: His Time, Life And Works, Co-author: Dr. Ansar Zahid Khan (Published in 1981)
- Personalities Noble (Published in 1983)
- Road To Pakistan, Co-authors: Dr. Moin-ul-Haq, Prof. Sharif-ul-Mujahid, Dr. Ansar Zahid Khan (Published in 1990)
Medicine & History of Medicine
- Al-Biruni’s Book on Pharmacist And Material to Medica (Published in 1973)
- Diseases of Liver: Greco-Arab Concepts (Published in 1982)
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Greco-Arab Concepts (Published in 1983)
- Hamdard Pharmacopoeia of Eastern Medicine (Published in 1969)
- Oral Health (Published in 1994)
- Medicine In China (Published in 1965 Hakeem Mohammad saeed
- Pharmacy and Medicine Thru The Ages (Published in 1969)
- Traditional Greco-Arab And Modern Western Medicine: Conflict and Symbiosis (Published in 1975)
- Pakistan Encyclopedia Planta Medica (2 Volumes), Co-authors: Dr. Viqar Uddin Ahmed & Dr. Atta-Ur-Rahman (Published in 1986)
- Medicinal Herbal (2 volumes) Published in 1996 Background of Unani, Arabic & Islamic Medicine & Pharmacy (Published in 1997)
- Ethics For Medics (Published in 1997)
- Love and Peace (Published in 1990)
- Dostan (4 parts) Published in 1991
- Let Us Talk Health (Published in 1989)
- Peace Primer, Co-author F.A. Anvery (Published in 1991)
- The Best of Goodness (Published in 1991)
- The Greatest Man (Published in 1991)
- A Primer of Health for Children of the World (Published in 1993)
- A World without Polio –Children’s thematic Poster Competition (Published in 1996)
In 1945, he married his cousin Naimat Begum in Delhi. They had one daughter, Sadia Rashid.
Death and investigation
Said was dead on seventeen Gregorian calendar month 1998 in urban center, Aram Bagh.His murderers were caught by DIG Farooq Amin Qureshi, CCPO urban center at that point.Qureshi was extremely appreciated and is one in all the foremost celebrated cops of Islamic Republic of Pakistan to the current day.many persons were inactive associated afterwards sentenced to death by an anti-terrorism court.On twenty six Gregorian calendar month 2014, The Supreme Court upheld the decision of Sindh state supreme court (SHC) relating to final judgment of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) employeesIn 2001, associate anti-terrorism proceeding bench of the Supreme Court of Islamic Republic of Pakistan had innocent all 9 folks suspect of murdering far-famed altruist and MD Islamist Saeed in 1998.the decision was challenged by the then provincial government.MQM employees, Muhammed Amirullah, Muhammed Shakir alias Shakir Langra and Abu Imran pacha, were among those innocent by the court.Legacy, awards and recognition.
- Kuwait Prize for Tibb-i-Islami (Eastern medicine) in 1983
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz Award by the President of Pakistan in 1966
- Nishan-i-Imtiaz Award by the President of Pakistan in 2002
- Many prominent personalities of Lahore gathered at the Hamdard Center on his death anniversary in 2011, to pay tributes to him. Hakeem Saeed was portrayed as someone who had a multi-dimensional personality, a patriot of the highest order, and who is a role model for the youth as he set worthwhile examples of hard work, honesty and love for humanity.